It will take a lot of effort and experience to grow good strawberries. Strawberries need careful care: watering, removing strawberry whiskers, shelf, loosening, pest control, soil mineralization, etc.
- The choice of agrofibre
- Arrangement of the garden
- Planting strawberries
All gardeners want to harvest a large harvest, while spending a minimum of effort and financial resources. In ordinary soil, weeds grow with incredible strength. A neighbor at the dacha advised me to plant strawberries on agrofibre. Thanks to agrofibre, I realized that in order to grow good strawberries, you do not need to spend a lot of energy.
To get started, you will need a shovel, agrofibre, a sharp knife, bricks, stones or something similar, strong wire and the strawberry itself.
The choice of agrofibre
Agrofibre can be of different density, color and purpose. You can buy it at any garden store. For strawberries, black agrofibre is the best choice. Its density should be 60g / m2. If your strawberry grows in very unfavorable natural conditions, you should choose white agrofiber with a density of 17 g / m2. Such agrofibre perfectly protects from excessive sun, heavy rains, as well as from birds. To protect against frost, white agrofibre is also used, but with a higher density - 60g / m2. Calculate the area of the garden and go to the store.
Now you can start a detailed description of planting strawberries.
Arrangement of the garden
The first stage is the arrangement of the garden
- First, you need to determine the place where you want to grow strawberries. The place should be sunny and high. Strawberries are very sensitive to over-watering, heavy rainfall and groundwater. You should also choose flat places with a minimum slope.
- Having outlined the beds, we proceed to digging and loosening the soil. When digging, it is necessary to remove roots, weeds and other foreign objects. Fertilize the soil as best as possible. For this, humus, wood ash and other mineral fertilizers are perfect. Which sellers of garden shops will tell you exactly. The soil must be leveled in an amicable way, because for 3 years you will definitely not dig it up.
- We lay agrofibre on the cultivated bed in accordance with its shape. Agrofibre should be overlapped. It is best to have an overlap of about 20 cm.
- We press the agrofibre to the ground along the contour of the garden. Any stones, bricks, and other heavy objects that you have on hand are good for a start.
- Now the agrofiber needs to be fixed with a wire to the ground. The wire should be cut into pieces of 70 cm long, and each piece should be bent in half. You will get a hairpin, with which we will pin the agrofibre to the ground. The garden is ready.
The second stage is planting strawberries on agrofibre
- Let's outline the location of each bush in the garden. Remember, you need to reach each bush without any extra effort. Therefore, leave a distance between them so that you can walk or stand in the garden. It is best to make a path from paving slabs, for example, or ordinary boards. Otherwise, agrofibre will quickly lose its functionality.
- In the designated places, we make a cut with a knife in the form of a cross. Use a sharp knife to avoid damaging the surface.
- We turn off the corners of the cross and place a strawberry bush there, the corners need to be wrapped inward. You don't need to plant strawberries deep in the ground. But if your seedlings are from pots, then the hole should be made deeper.
- After planting all the bushes, water the strawberries. In the future, it is best to water using a hose with a special nozzle to water the strawberries. When watering in this way, moisture is perfectly preserved under the agrofibre.
Planting strawberries on agrofibre finished. You need to take care of such a bed as usual. But the process itself will become much easier, thanks to agrofibre, and there will be more harvest. There are no weeds, "mustaches" practically do not grow, no harmful inhabitants of vegetable gardens live on strawberries. The picking of berries itself will become much more pleasant - the berries are clearly visible and can be immediately served on the table.
After all, agrofibre helps to protect the berries from the earth layer, which is especially important in the rainy season. And next year, you don't have to worry about strawberries - a garden bed under agrofibre will easily survive the frosts in winter.