There is no need to once again talk about the many beneficial qualities of currants. But for all its popularity, currants still have several secrets: improper care, currant pests and diseases can ruin the entire crop. Therefore, growing this berry in your own areas, you must follow some rules.
How to grow currants
1. The correct choice of varieties and hybrids will allow avoiding many diseases at the genetic level.
2. In a well-groomed garden, pests and diseases of currants practically do not start. The bushes must not be thickened.
3. Pruning and burning damaged parts in a timely manner will help to avoid many problems.
4. High-quality digging between rows contributes to the destruction of a significant number of pests.
5. When planting bushes with a distance of 2x2 m, the plants are well lit and ventilated, they grow powerful, and pests and diseases rarely develop in them.
How to deal with pests and diseases of currants
o If pests do appear, it is not necessary to immediately begin the fight with the use of pesticides. If there are few pests, they can be collected and destroyed by hand. So, for example, kidney mites and moths are easy to collect.
o In addition, folk remedies for controlling pests and diseases of currants are often quite effective. Infusions and decoctions of insecticidal herbs are less harmful than pesticides.
o In difficult cases, when you have to resort to karbofos, you need to apply it only after the end of flowering and extremely carefully, covering all vegetables so as not to splash them with chemistry.