Today it is impossible to imagine a rural, and even most urban residents, who would not know how to grow potatoes. And many people know that the convenience of crop processing depends on which potato planting technology is chosen.
There are several planting methods, and no-till is one of the most optimal. Before planting, you need to mark out ridges with a width of about 3.5 meters. Leave the paths between them about 30 cm wide.Further, a line is drawn across the first ridge (with a shovel, a piece of cutting, a hiller), on which the tubers are laid in rows with an interval of about 20 cm.After 90-100 cm, the next line is drawn and the operation is repeated.
Then fertilizers and ash are applied in rows. If the soil is dry, you can water the rows with a watering can without a diffuser. After all, even a small fraction of moisture at this time is equivalent to several summer showers.
After that, the rows are covered with earth in this way: in the middle along the rows, shallow grooves are dug with the help of a cut of the upper fertile layer, which is used to cover the tubers, but not with a too thick layer.
No-till potato planting technology has many advantages
1. In an unplowed ridge, moisture remains much longer.
2. The formation of tubers occurs in the filled ridge, and this is beneficial for the plant both with a lack and with an excess of moisture in the soil.
3. The row spacing makes it possible to weed, huddle, and fight the Colorado potato beetle without damage.
4. The consumption of fertilizers is sharply reduced, because they are applied directly to a number of tubers, without spending on the entire field.
5. It is much easier to harvest potatoes, while it is less injured, and crop losses are reduced.
This method is especially good for planting in waterlogged, small and uncomfortable areas.