Among all the variety of products, onions are most often included in lunch dishes.
Many people do not particularly like this vegetable, some are tolerant, but it is worth remembering that the benefits of boiled onions are not limited to improving the taste of the soup.
- What are the benefits of boiled onions
- How to cook boiled onions, how much to cook
- Is boiled onion effective for coughs
- How to take boiled onions for weight loss, reviews
- The benefits of fried onions
- What are the benefits of onions for men
What are the benefits of boiled onions
Whether you like a vegetable or not, this product remains a useful and important nutrient.
So the main positive properties of a vegetable include:
- The ability to use the vegetable as a natural vitamin for children;
- Chance of stabilization of metabolic processes in organisms;
- Due to inulin and easily assimilated carbons, it helps to stabilize the amount of sugar in the body;
- Slows down the growth of pathologically altered cells, promotes the breakdown of fat cells due to the presence of quercetin;
- The presence of natural enzymes that have a beneficial effect on the functioning of the digestive, nervous and digestive systems;
- Has a diuretic effect;
- Increases the defense of the immune system;
- Maintains normal water-alkaline balance;
- Suitable for consumption by people with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver and kidneys;
- Helps relieve inflammation, is suitable for the treatment of furunculosis, elimination of warts and calluses;
- Reduces the level of cholesterol in the bloodstream by regulating lipid metabolism;
- Promotes thinning of mucus, provides an expectorant effect.
Behind the sharp taste of the product, which not everyone will like, there is a real treasure trove of positive moments.
However, this does not mean that you should immediately rush to eat onions with plates, moderation is important in everything.
Let's watch the video and find out what are the benefits of raw and boiled onions:
How to cook boiled onions, how much to cook
Regardless of why the vegetable was needed, it is recommended to peel it and cut off the top and root parts. If further onions need to be cut, it is recommended to soak the knife in cold water to reduce the irritating effect of the smell.
Twenty minutes before cooking, it is recommended to pour the vegetable with water to get a rich taste. To maintain the shape of the head, you can add a little vegetable oil to the water. Boiling water should be boiling so that it does not boil.
Depends directly on the size of the vegetable. So the chopped onion will cook in a few minutes, and boiling whole heads or halves will take up to ten minutes.
If the food has been previously frozen, the time is adjusted. So it is not necessary to wait for it to melt, you can simply send it to boiling water.
However, it is important to take into account that in this case there is no need to talk about the density of the heads.
Is boiled onion effective for coughs
This product has been used for a long time as a medicine for colds. In order to prepare an expectorant medicine, it is usually sufficient to take a tablespoon of sugar and a medium head.
A pre-peeled and washed vegetable must be grated and mixed with sugar at the bottom of an enamel pan. Send the pan to the stove and, stirring constantly, bring to a boil.
After that, remove the container and set aside in a cool place for five hours, then pour the resulting syrup into a glass container. The resulting syrup is drunk in a tablespoon four times a day, half an hour after a meal.
Before direct use, it is recommended to slightly warm the syrup in a water bath. The effect can be observed after a week of admission.
How to take boiled onions for weight loss, reviews
In addition to the benefits for the immune system, the vegetable is suitable for people on a diet, moreover, onion soup is one of the best options for losing weight.
To prepare fat burning soup you need:
- Prepare and thoroughly wash seven large heads, celery root, six tomatoes, two bell peppers and medium-sized cabbage;
- Cut vegetables into small pieces and send to the pan;
- Pour the resulting mixture with cold water and send to the stove;
- When the water boils, add turmeric or caraway seeds to taste, cook until tender.
The reviews of those who chose this dish as the main one for losing weight are positive. Often, there is a complete absence of the characteristic pungent odor that goes away during the cooking process.
The benefits of fried onions
Fried onions have a rather pleasant taste that will complement any dish.
However, it is not only tasty, but also a useful product that has a beneficial effect on the human body:
- It activates the process of insulin production, therefore it is useful for people with diabetes;
- It has a beneficial effect on the defenses of the immune system during the transitional seasons;
- Has a diuretic effect - suitable for activating the kidneys and removing excess fluid from the body;
- Helps in the fight against atherosclerosis and high blood pressure;
- It will become an important element of the menu for people suffering from heart disease and cancer.
It is important to remember that this vegetable is low in calories, but fat is absorbed during the frying process. As a result, there is an increase in calorie content, so it is not recommended to eat it in large quantities.
What are the benefits of onions for men
The benefits of onions for the human body are not limited to their beneficial effects on the immune system. This product can be used not only as an anti-cold drug, but also as an aphrodisiac.
With regular consumption of the product by men, the risk of developing impotence is significantly reduced.
Garlic, dill, celery and parsley have a similar effect.
The effectiveness of the product is due to the characteristic features of its influence:
- Once in the body, the vegetable helps to increase blood circulation with an increase in the sensitivity of the genitals. It prevents the development of problems with the prostate, increases male libido and sexual desire, promotes activity and endurance;
- Improves the functioning of the reproductive system by activating the process of sperm production;
- The substances that make up the onion activate the production of testosterone, a hormone that provokes the development of secondary sexual characteristics in men.
Thus, with the regular consumption of a vegetable with herbs of a similar composition, it is possible to improve the functioning of the reproductive system, to prevent diseases of the stronger sex.
Boiled onions are not only tasty, but also a healthy product.
A properly prepared vegetable will become a universal drug for the treatment of diseases of the immune, cardiovascular and reproductive systems.
And one more original recipe recommended by traditional medicine, we treat gastritis with onion jam: