The closer spring is, the more attention summer residents pay to garden tools, a special place among them is occupied by a cultivator for beds.
Depending on the characteristic features of the structure and work, cultivators may differ, but they are united by their equally high demand among summer residents.
- A cultivator for beds, which is
- Types of cultivators for summer cottages
- How to buy a mini motor-cultivator, selection criteria
- Review of popular electric cultivators
- Gasoline powered cultivators
- The hand cultivator is the best solution for a small area
A cultivator for beds, which is
This name refers to a soil care device. Many people still remember the huge machines that are used in large fields, but nowadays, there are compact models for domestic use.
The scheme of operation of the device is extremely simple, even an inexperienced gardener can handle it, consists of:
- Frame and control handle that extends;
- Steel beams;
- One to three wheels;
- Rotor, which allows the use of various cutters;
- Direct cultivation device;
- Engine (depending on the type, it is represented by electric or gasoline);
- Fuel tank if the unit is powered by gasoline.
Most of the models have long gone from the massive dimensions of their industrial namesakes, they are easy to handle.
The latter is especially well manifested in greenhouse conditions, where there is not much free space.
Soil cultivation cannot consist of only one event, it is a complex process.
And it is the cultivator that can help with this, which performs the functions:
- Loosening of the upper soil layer;
- Removal of weeds;
- Formation of even, parallel beds;
- Leveling the soil at the end of planting.
Considering that this tool contains the advantages of conventional garden shovels and rakes, you don't have to rush around with them several times.
This will save a lot of time. A large number of cutters designed for loosening, plowing and hilling will not only simplify the work, but also make the soil more breathable and fluffy, ready for planting.
Types of cultivators for summer cottages
Depending on weight, control and other indicators, devices are divided into types.
The most common is the classification by weight.
|Super light||They differ in their low power, which does not exceed 3 l / s and the same low weight from 15 kg to 20 kg. Perfect for sowing and planting in a summer cottage, since such work does not require deep loosening. At the same time, the width of the section that is processed with one tool stroke does not exceed 30 cm. The latter makes the super-light models especially suitable for working in hard-to-reach edges of the section;|
|Lungs||The power of this class is 4.5 l / s, the weight does not exceed 40 kg. The basic package includes a hiller. The loosening depth of the light unit is 18 cm, it is especially good on soft soils;|
|Average||Power does not exceed 6 l / s, weight starts at 45 kg and ends at 60 kg. This option will be useful on large areas, due to the equipment with special cutters, the plowing depth increases to 28 cm.At the same time, the width of the soil processed in one pass is from 40 to 85 cm.The main feature of the device is considered to be mechanical wheels, which significantly increase the traction force of the device ... It is important to take into account that even a large weight and power will not become an obstacle to plowing small areas. The latter is due to the reverse gear. The basic package includes a plow and a hiller;|
|Heavy||Power exceeds 6 l / s, weight exceeds 60 kg. As a result of the increase in power and weight, there is an increase in fuel consumption. It is recommended to use these mechanisms only on large areas or those soils that have not been plowed for many years. The package includes additional hinged mechanisms for watering, weeding and processing beds, mowing grass.|
Depending on what size of the site will be processed, the effectiveness of argegates also differs.
So the light ones on large areas will bring just as little result as the heavy ones on small ones.
How to buy a mini motor-cultivator, selection criteria
Among modern companies producing these units, choosing the right one is not always easy. Such companies as Texas, Elitech, Champion, DDE are currently considered to be the leaders in the market.
It is not worth buying the first motor-cultivator that comes across, as it may be lucky, or it may not be very lucky.
It is recommended to approach the choice thoroughly and pay attention to some of the nuances:
- First of all, decide on what areas the mechanism is needed for processing, what fuel consumption will be optimal and what power is required. For long-term work or processing of small areas, low-power devices are suitable, in which case large machines will turn out to be unprofitable and inconvenient in everyday life. For large areas, it is recommended to pay special attention to powerful units, but lighter and simpler mechanisms are suitable for summer cottages;
- You should not focus on cheap mechanisms, you will not be able to save money with them. Low cost often corresponds to low quality. Think - do you want to overpay for a repair or a new device? It is recommended to pay attention to well-known brands that guarantee the quality of the goods produced;
- Be sure to consider the efficiency of the machine and the possible energy costs, so you can determine the level of performance. For the calculation, you need to multiply the efficiency by the area of the site where the tillage is planned and working hours. Among other things, the performance depends on the total power of the device and its relation to the area. It is so important to take into account that the performance of a powerful mechanism in a small area drops significantly with an increase in energy consumption;
- Decide what functions the cultivator should perform. So, there are units designed for continuous soil cultivation, make it possible to simultaneously plant and harrow the soil. For the simultaneous loosening and leveling of the soil surface, a pre-sowing model is suitable and a completely different mechanism will help to simultaneously process and enrich the soil with useful substances;
- Make sure that it is comfortable to work with the unit, which is important. So working with an incomprehensible and inconvenient mechanism will complicate soil processing and cause considerable stress. When evaluating, it is important first of all to pay attention to the surface of the handles and it is better if it is a little rough. Such handles will not slip out of your hands. In addition, pay attention to the weight of the unit, check whether the components work: whether it is easy to remove the hinged structures, whether there is noticeable manufacturing defect that can complicate the work.
When buying, it is important to test the mechanism in terms of parameters and functions, make sure that everything suits you in the mechanism and it really fits.
This approach will help you avoid tons of unpleasant post-purchase discoveries.
Let's watch a video on how to choose a cultivator for the beds:
Review of popular electric cultivators
Electric cultivators are quite easy to use, the only nuance that should be taken into account, you can only process those areas that are within the length of the cord.
Often used in small areas, the most popular models include the units indicated in the table.
|Hyundai T 2000E|
Refers to light models, weighs 29.6 kg, like many other representatives of electrical mechanisms. The company has established itself in the manufacture of mechanisms for a long time and firmly holds a leading position in all respects.
It cultivates the soil to a depth of 25 cm, captures an area of 55 cm wide in one pass. The basic package includes four cutters with direct rotation. Motor power is 2 kW / 2.72 HP, chain reducer;
|The price ranges from 15,900 to 19,900 rubles.|
The weight of the mechanism is 12 kg. The average working depth is 22 cm, the width of the gripped area is 40 cm.
The basic equipment includes four straight rotary cutters. The motor power is 1.20 kW / 1.63 hp, worm gear.
|The cost of the device ranges from 6,000 to 8,300 rubles.|
|Daewoo Power Products DAT 1800E|
Weighs 13.3 kg. Processing is carried out to a depth of 23 cm with a capture of an area 40 cm wide in one pass. The number of cutters in the basic configuration is six with a rotation speed of 140 rpm.
1.75 kW / 2.38 hp engine, gear reducer
|The cost starts from 8 900 rubles and reaches 9 990 rubles|
|ELITECH KB 4E|
The weight of this model is 32 kg. It processes the soil to a depth of 15 cm and covers a width of 45 cm. The set with the device contains four cutters with a diameter of 260 cm.
Motor power is 2 kW / 2.72 HP, chain reducer.
|The price varies from 13,000 to 17,000 rubles.|
The presented models have earned a lot of positive feedback from users and are deservedly popular.
Differing in characteristics, they are equally well suited for work on sites and do not cause trouble for the owners.
More details about the work of an electric cultivator - in the video:
Gasoline powered cultivators
The modern market does not suffer from a shortage of petrol powered cultivators.
However, even among this variety, models stand out that differ in build quality and ease of use from others.
These models include units from well-known manufacturers.
|Husqwarna||A budget option with a high quality of work, it manifests itself especially well when it is necessary to adjust the depth of soil cultivation. An excellent option for cultivating soil in large areas;|
The company has been on the market for several years and has been keeping the attention of consumers for a long time. The quality of work allows Huter to maintain a leading position in sales.
The company produces light and middle class models, with GMC 7.0 taking a special place among the light ones. Thanks to its wide functionality, the MTD model also became famous, which is due to the wide range.
So this model is sold in different configurations, but it always pleasantly surprises with its low cost. The company's devices, in addition to good price and quality, are distinguished by relatively low fuel consumption during operation;
|Patriot||Ideal, in terms of cost and power, the unit for small and medium-sized areas. Among other models, the Patriot T 6,5 / 600 FB stands out favorably, which is distinguished by high performance and low fuel consumption.|
These companies have gained fame for their solid price and quality ratio of assembly of mechanisms and work directly on site.
Hand cultivator - the optimal solution for a small area
If mechanized devices hit your pocket too hard, do not worry, there is still a manual option.
If you have a small area, this is generally the best choice, since only this design will help you get to places inaccessible to mechanized units.
For alpine slides and garden beds, this is the only suitable unit.
There are two types of hand cultivators:
- Star - represented by a shaft on which star-shaped discs are mounted. In the process of work, these discs burrow into the soil and, while scrolling, fluff up the soil, pulling out weeds. Suitable for hilling potato beds, working on flower beds and lawns. However, it is important to take into account that working with these models will not bring significant results on hard and dense soils;
- Ripper - The structure consists of long, sharp tines that are attached to long handles. The loosening process is based on the penetration of the teeth into the soil, which turns the soil upside down and thus fluffs up the beds or removes weeds.
Both devices perform functions without blots, however, for full-fledged soil cultivation, it will not be superfluous to purchase both. Unlike mechanized devices, these do not cost much.
In addition, manual units do not need recharging and refueling, that is, each time you use it, you do not have to calculate additional costs.
Spring tillage consists of a number of procedures: from plowing and loosening to leveling the soil.
In order for this process to take place as quickly and without problems as possible, cultivators have been developed that differ in price, weight and structure.