Common runny belongs to the Umbrella family. Its Latin name - Aegopodium podagraria - comes from the words "aegos", which means goat in Russian, and "podion" (leg), since the top of the leaves of the plant is similar in shape to goat tracks. "Rodagra" in translation into Russian means rheumatic pain in the lower extremities, a trap.
- Sneak - general information
- The use of dream in traditional medicine
- Phytotherapeutic recipes using dream
Sneak - general information
Sleep is a perennial plant with a horizontally growing rhizome, bare or slightly pubescent herbaceous stem, about 100 cm high. The leaves are simple, large, wedge-shaped, pointed, with a long petiole (about 40 cm). The leaves located at the top of the plant are smaller, trifoliate.
It blooms in mid-summer. In June-July, she throws out a flower arrow, on which small white flowers gathered in complex umbrellas appear. The plant loves the sun, in dark places it may not bloom for years.
In late July-early August, the plant bears fruit, forming oblong, slightly compressed fruits from the sides. A lot of seeds are formed, due to which the plant multiplies quickly and easily, therefore, runny is considered a malicious weed that is difficult to eradicate. It grows in sparse, more often deciduous forests, along the edges of forests, clearings, along fences, in ravines, gardens, often forming large dense thickets.
The chemical composition of the dream
Common snake has a rich chemical composition. It is a source of ascorbic acid, carotene, flavonoids, amino acids, essential oils, micro- and macroelements, chlorophyll, unsaturated and saturated fatty acids.
The greatest amount of vitamin C is found in the leaves of the weed (65-100 mg per 100 g of leaves). The maximum concentration of this substance is observed in autumn. Micro- and macroelements are represented by potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium, aluminum, phosphorus, etc. In the stem and leaves of the weed there are organic acids, in particular, malic, citric.
Such a rich chemical composition determines the healing properties of dream, which has won the title of a medicinal plant and has found wide application in folk medicine in the treatment of various diseases.
The use of dream in traditional medicine
Snipe is widely used in folk medicine. As a rule, dry or fresh leaves and rhizomes of the plant are used, from which infusions, compresses are made, and squeezed out of juice. The plant has a diuretic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, vitamin, tonic, antihypoxic effect.
Therefore, preparations from this plant are indicated for the prevention and treatment of hypovitaminosis, anemia, normalization of metabolic processes and improvement of the general condition of the body. Dullness enhances the excretory function of the kidneys and renal blood flow, so that its use is advisable for diseases of the kidneys and bladder, edema.
Common snuffle is widely used for rheumatism, arthritis, arthrosis, and gout. In connection with the anti-inflammatory, emollient, wound-healing properties of sleepiness, it is used to treat exudative diathesis, erysipelas, fungal skin lesions, for the rapid healing of wounds and bedsores.
Sleep is also used to treat diseases of the digestive tract, which is associated with its ability to have a choleretic effect and normalize digestive processes.
Phytotherapeutic recipes using dream
- Infusion for the treatment of pathologies of the urinary system. Pour boiling water (250 ml) into finely chopped freshly picked herb (2 tablespoons) and leave to infuse in a thermos for one hour. After one hour, strain the infusion and take 50 ml before each meal (at least four times a day).
- Compresses. Grind freshly picked leaves of dream, apply in the form of an anesthetic compress for joint diseases.
- Infusion for the treatment of diathesis and skin rashes. Grind the dry leaves of the plant (three teaspoons), pour two glasses of hot water, leave to infuse for two hours. Take 50-70 ml four times a day before meals.
- Alcoholic infusion for the treatment of diseases of the digestive tract. Finely chop the roots of the dream and place in a jar so that it is one-third full. Pour alcohol into the jar to the top, cover with a lid and leave to infuse in a cool place for 1.5-2 weeks. Take 20-25 drops of infusion 3 times a day before meals for one month.
- With vitamin deficiency and with an unbalanced diet, it is useful to include the leaves and stem of the plant in your diet. Young stems can be eaten raw, after washing and peeling. Fresh leaves of dream can be used as a substitute for cabbage in salads, soups, side dishes. Dry leaves can be ground into powder, which can be used as a seasoning for soups, sauces, dressings. Dishes immediately acquire a pleasant vegetable taste and aroma, and become very useful.
About the useful properties of dreaming on video: