Looking at the photo of this plant, you might think that these are large daisies. Chamomile is quite simple in appearance, but this is the secret of its attractiveness for flower growers.
Nivyanik is a perennial plant belonging to the Asteraceae family. Garden daisies grow from 30 to 100 cm in height, and their flower baskets can reach 10 cm in diameter. Agree that even if chamomile is a simpleton among flowers, flowers of this size cannot but be a decoration of the garden. Moreover, the daisy blooms 2 times per season: in June-July and in August-September.
Cultivation of a daisy in the garden will not cause much trouble. But there are several conditions, the observance of which will allow you to more successfully cope with this matter.
- It is better to plant chamomile in a sunny place. Plants can tolerate partial shade conditions, but their stems can lodge and bend.
- The soil for planting should be chosen with good drainage, soft, fertile. Very light sandy and excessively heavy clay soils are absolutely not suitable for this plant.
- In very hot weather, with a lack of moisture, the decorative appearance of flowers is lost. And with excessive moisture, the daisy grows old quickly and is easily affected by fungal diseases.
- Cultivation of the daisy requires regular removal of wilted inflorescences.
- After flowering, the garden chamomile bushes are pruned.
- Before the arrival of winter, the nivyanik should be sheltered from frost. For this, a layer of ordinary foliage with a thickness of at least 10-15 cm is suitable.
- In the spring, the shelter layer must be removed, otherwise the chamomile roots can resist.
- The best fertilizer for a cornflower is manure. But you can use any other organic fertilizer.