One of the main types of work at a summer cottage is planting strawberries in the spring, as well as caring for this beautiful berry. To do this, you need to know a few tricks.
How to plant strawberries
1. Traditionally, the first thing to do is to prepare the soil for planting. Strawberries do not like clay, they prefer black soil.
2. The earth must be dug up and be sure to destroy all the weeds. Otherwise, strawberries will not grow well.
3. The choice of strawberry varieties that will grow in your garden is also a very crucial moment. It's important not to overdo it. After all, if the berry is too large, then it will lie on the ground all the time and rot. It is better to choose medium-sized varieties, giving preference to taste.
4. Pour water into the groove in the garden bed and plant a strawberry bush. After the bush is covered with earth, it needs to be watered again.
5. For good growth, do not forget to water the strawberries. She loves moisture, but in moderation.
Planting strawberries in the spring will be easy and simple, but remember to do this before the summer season. Strawberries are not planted in summer.