On the picture sweet cherry so attractive that it is difficult not to identify her. She seems unrealistically large. In practice, the dimensions are really impressive - it can be up to 2 cm in diameter.
Large-fruited sweet cherry - description
The time of its ripening is approaching. If the cultivation did not use nitrates, etc. - it will be a useful and positive product. Also, large-fruited cherry has a normal growth rate. Cherry takes root quite successfully in Middle Polse, although not every variety will grow. What is known about this variety?
- The variety was bred by the Melitopol Institute of Irrigated Horticulture as a result of series pollination by V. Chkalov, Elton and Zhabule;
- A large area of distribution is in Ukraine;
- The fruits belong to the average ripening period, that is, the II decade of June, their purpose is recognized as universal;
- The yield is recognized as regular and high;
- The variety has growth characteristics - the tree is characterized as large, as well as rapidly growing, it has a broad-shaped crown of medium density. When does fruiting occur? In 4-5 years;
- The fruits are very large. By weight, they reach 9-10 g, they are dark red, wide-rounded in shape, they have dark red flesh, gristly, its taste is considered dessert. At the tasting, the score was the highest. The juice is dark red. There is a bone - it is also large;
- Flowering occurs in the middle;
- There are recommended pollinators - among them Surprise, Oratovsky.
Here is the characteristic of the variety. Also, large-fruited cherry is characterized by high winter hardiness, but it is susceptible to disease. So the large-fruited cherry is characterized.